The cords were quite annoying and looked really messy because the one phone jack in our apartment is halfway up our dining room wall. Definitely a reminder of the day when phones were mounted to the wall and you could just follow the coil cord to find whoever it was that was talking on the phone! Anyways, thanks to a recent IKEA trip, I was able to make our messy cord situation not so messy, all while adding some additional shelf space to our apartment!
This was my first time building something from IKEA entirely by myself. It was exciting! I started by laying out all my pieces and from there the entire process was incredibly smooth.
The final screw! Almost done and I decided to take a break to mess around with depth of field.
Assembling this bookcase was super quick & easy! It took me less than an hour to assemble it and if I hadn't been sidetracked by texting friends, it would have taken even less time. Overall, I'm happy with how the bookcase turned out; it could be better in some places - those IKEA peeps are certainly no perfectionists - but it looks decent and is sturdy enough to hold what we need it to (the instructions said each shelf can hold up to 25lbs).
All done and already looking much better...but it's missing something.
There it is! Does my heart good to see those shelves actually being put to use.