Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fireworks!

Monday night I watched the fireworks show with some friends in Sacramento. We parked at Arden Fair Mall and then walked ten minutes to Cal Expo. By the time we got there it was only a half-hour to showtime and we weren't sure we would be able to make it through the line in time to get in. So, we sat on the side of a grassy area in the parking lot. I wanted to put down the tailgate of a random truck and sit there, but my friends weren't brave (or perhaps foolish?) enough to do so.



I think these are my favorite fireworks. I love the way they burst and then cascade down in elegant little drips of gold.



Another shot of my favorite fireworks. Please ignore the tree in the upper right corner; our seats were great but this tree that framed the view of the fireworks from where we were sitting managed to make it into a few of my shots.

I hope everyone had a great and fun-filled Independence Day! God bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment