Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Few of my Favorite Books Part 2



Continuing from last week's post, here are some more books that have my seal of approval :)


For awhile I was really into the movie the Great Escape, and so of course as a die hard history buff I had to learn more about the original story. This is the book that tells it all! I was lucky enough to find it on ebay (the new copies I've seen on amazon are going for $40, yikes!). Some WWII books are mind-numbingly tedious, but not this one. I couldn't put it down. It was also kind of cool to learn all the differences between the movie and what really happened.

Oh, Alexander Dumas how I love all (with 2-3 exceptions) that you've written! This was my first introduction to his works, and I was hooked from the first chapter. The intrigue and diabolical lies followed by daring escape, sudden wealth and carefully planned revenge will both thrill and at times abhor you. If you have never read the unabridged version, get thee to a library! You'll thank me later - or perhaps you will curse me when it's 3am and you can't sleep because WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?!?!?! :)


2 comments:

  1. hey - may i borrow the longest tunnel?
    luv,
    tdaddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes you may! I think you will really enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete