Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gift Guide: For Your Awesome Parents

I don't know about you, but I always find it a challenge to buy gifts for my parents. They are well established and so usually have most of what they want or need (or at least those items that are in my budget ;). So I tried to come up with a list of things I know you can always use more of. My Mom loves to have guests over and entertain, and she likes to have nice accessories and dishware to serve her company on. For this particular gift guide I'm focusing on that aspect of gift giving.

1. A Beautiful Seasonal Table Runner

I think this is so pretty! And not too red-green Christmasy, but gives a subtle nod to the holiday instead :)

2. Nice Napkin Rings

My Mom like to use cloth napkins when we have company, but as far as I know, she doesn't have enough nice matching napkin rings to go around if there's a crowd. I think this would be a neat and unique gift.

3. Sturdy Glass Coffee Mugs


Aren't these nice? I love the clean simplicity of clear glass mugs.

For my Dad, I am afraid I will most likely be going back to the old fall-backs that I know he likes.

1. A Historical Book


I recently read this particular book, and I couldn't put it down. It is such a heart wrenching part of medical history and will definitely make you rethink many things about medical research. I know my Dad would enjoy this, but I might change it up with another historical book :)

2. Fancy Tea


My Dad drinks a lot of tea. But he doesn't have fancy tea very often. A couple years ago I drank some blueberry tea from Teavana, and it was amazing! I still think about it after all this time, and so I think that some delicious gourmet tea would be a nice gift :)

What about you? Do you have any gift ideas for parents?

6 comments:

  1. I'm guessing he would like a historical book that you have read and can therefore recommend :)

    luv,
    tanon

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I've been thinking it would be cool to do a blog entry on those weird "word verifications" you need to enter when posting a comment to this site or other sites. Perhaps you could start a list. My last one was:
    "hasole" (seriously, no joke)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really happy to read this post,I was just imagine about it and you provided me the correct information I really bookmark it,for further reading,So thanks for sharing the information

    ReplyDelete