Thursday, September 1, 2011

Do Or Don't: Vibrant Chairs

Lovely Readers,

I was so inspired by Katie Bower's red chair makeover, I thought I would try it myself :)

Right now the hubs and I are using four mismatched hand-me-down chairs. They are nice, don't get me wrong, but they are all worn out and need a matching paint or stain job to unify them since they aren't identical...and since I stained the table two years ago (and it took forEVER), there is no. freakin. way. that I am going to attempt to sand and then stain every last crevice in those chairs!

So.....the dilemma is that I can't decide what color to pain them. The table is stained a dark walnut, and our dishes are various shades of blue - although right now we only have two shades, peacock and navy. I honestly have no idea what would be a good color. Especially since we live in a tiny hole, and even if we move, it would be to another tiny, slightly less sucky hole ;) So what do you think? Keeping in mind that for the next few years our "dining room" will be visible from the living room, should I go with something bold like this gorgeous blue?


Something cheerful like this green? also it would appear from these two photos that I am drawn to bamboo chairs ;)

Or something neutral like this pretty gray? I think I would rather steer clear of white, but I do like this gray tone.

So what should it be? One of the above, or something completely different? I am open to any and all suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment