Wednesday, June 8, 2011

God in a Box

A few weekends ago, driving home from the Chico Wildflower with my friend and her husband, our conversation turned towards how different God's plan is for each of us.

I was telling them about how I'm going to grad school next year to earn my MA degree and that I wasn't particularly excited about it (I'm finally starting to get excited though!), but I feel strongly that I am supposed to teach at community college and of course, in order to do that I need an MA.

Growing up, I always thought I would be married by this time in my life, probably with at least one kid either born or on the way. The last thing I ever thought was that I would have just received a BA and be gearing up to obtain an MA. My parents friends would look at me and my older sister and say that I would probably get married before her. My sister and fellow blogger was always the one who wanted to go to college and then get a post-grad degree, probably in law.

But God had different plans for us, and that's a good thing.

As we were talking, my friend Miranda shared how she'd always thought it wasn't very smart to get married young. But here she is, 22-years-old, and married to the love of her life.

And that's a good thing, too.

Because God can't be put in a box. We rarely know what his plans are for us until he shows us - and he has a unique plan for each individual. What his plan is for someone else may not be - probably is not - his plan for you.

And I'm glad that's the case, because it means that God doesn't put us in a box, either.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that we have a God that fashions a life especially for us, individually. It really speaks to how much and how extravagantly He loves each of us! Thank you for sharing, Adrielle!

    ReplyDelete