Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Decor Ideas For My Next Bedroom

I (Adri) will be moving into a new apartment sometime in the next month-and-a-half and I'm excited to have a new space to decorate! Here are some of my ideas for my new bedroom:



1. This is my current setup with my bed and desk. I'm definitely going to change up the wall decor over the desk (see #3) and I'm thinking about adding some pillows. I really like this pintuck pillow (in cobalt) and ruffle pillow (in blue) from Urban Outfitters. Obviously, I won't be buying them unless they go on clearance.

2. I'm not sure how many windows my next room will have because I actually haven't seen the exact room, but I'm thinking I'll go with something along the lines of one of these curtain options:
  • I like these crisp blue curtains from Pier 1 Imports. The only drawback is the hefty (for me) price tag. If I decide to go this route, I'll have to take the DIY approach.
  • I love the subtle burnout design on these white curtains from IKEA and the price for two panels would only be $25.00! I probably couldn't make 'em for that!
3. For over-my-desk wall decor I'm envisioning either these two prints for some typographical inspiration:

source

source

Or a collection of smaller prints like these for cycling inspiration:

source

source unknown

source

source

4. I'm still on the lookout for an area rug and an affordable (= less than $100) chair similar to this. I've been in love with these chairs ever since I first saw them at Marshall's (where they're usually knocked down to $130).

source

1 comment:

  1. i've got my eyes open for a chair in the shape of an ampersand!
    luv,
    tdaddy

    ReplyDelete