Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Google phone Books app


image found here



Last week as I was about to fall asleep the Hubs came in to tell me he was going to update the OS on my Nexus S. I sleepily thanked him. On Saturday I was looking through my apps and discovered that an app entitled Books had appeared next to Angry Birds Rio (my occasional guilty pleasure). The Hubs informed me that it had automatically loaded when he updated my system. I have to say it has made me fall even more in love with my Droid! There are sooo many free books, it's like a candy store for the literary like me :) So far I have downloaded (all for free) A Tale of Two Cities (my all-time favorite Dickens novel), The Scarlet Pimpernel (a beloved action adventure tale), assorted poems by authors such as Frost and Hawthorne and some short stories by Mark Twain. I also downloaded Benjamin Franklin's autobiography. I am finding it to be even more entertaining than I originally expected. A favorite quote so far:

"I shall yield to the inclination, so natural to old men, of talking of themselves and their own actions and I shall indulge it without being tiresome to those who, from respect of my age, might conceive themselves obliged to listen to me, since they will be always free to read me or not."

I for one am reading with great pleasure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment