Thursday, December 1, 2011

Fall Fun: Daytrip to Apple Hill

Wow, I can't believe it's already the first day of December and that in just 21 more days it will officially be winter! This autumn has gone by so fast, which on one hand has been a good thing, but on the other, has left me feeling like I haven't soaked up this beautiful season as much as I would have liked. Nevertheless, I did get a chance to go to Apple Hill with the other young adults from  my church here in Sacramento.

For those of you who don't know, Apple Hill is a well-known destination for apple picking, Christmas tree getting, and all other kinds of goodness. Despite having lived within 2 hours of it my entire life and having countless friends who make yearly treks there, I had never gone there before! Let me just say, it does not disappoint! People praise Apple Hill so much, that I was sure it couldn't live up to all the hype - but it totally did! I hope to go back soon and spend more time looking at the crafts, taking in the scenery, and enjoying all the yummy apple-centric pastries and beverages. Here are some photos from the day:


What a view, am I right? It was breathtakingly beautiful - and cold!


"Everyone! Look like you're having fun!" resulted in the above photo where everyone looks slightly scared/scary.


Our fearless young adults leader, Ashlei.


Some of the YA (young adults) ladies. My two best friends are there on the left.


Ah, orchards! We walked around this one for a long time and picked some of the apples left behind from the harvest.


One of the farms we stopped at had this awesome fire that we gathered around to warm up. And we sang the full version of Father Abraham while we were there. Yes, we did get some strange looks.


I couldn't resist taking a picture of this International Harvester.

Have you ever been to Apple Hill? Are there any destinations near you that are an autumn must-visit?

No comments:

Post a Comment