Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Adri's Finish List

The fact that this post is two days later than I said it would be does not bode well for FinishYear (somehow that turned into a compound noun over the weekend), but I'm not going to let that discourage me! Here are some of the things I am going to finish in 2012:

My siblings' band will record at least one EP or an LP album
For the past few years I have managed my siblings' bluegrass band and we have wanted to record an album for several years now, but it hasn't happened. This goal is dependent on a lot of other people, but I'm going to do everything I can to make it a reality. And although as manager, at first glance it seems I wouldn't be very involved in the process, I actually have written the lyrics for most of the songs we have. So I have a very large stake in this project and I am so excited to see it come to fruition!

I will audition for a community band or symphony
It's been many years (more than 5) since I've played the flute seriously. I pick it up every now and then, but my skill level is not anywhere near where it used to be. For a while now, I've wanted to get back into playing the flute, so in 2012 I am going to practice & audition for a community band or symphony. I'm not sure if I'll actually join said music group (assuming I get in...which is a pretty big assumption), but at least I'll be playing my flute again for at least a portion of the year!

I will finish a metric century
This was actually one of my goals for this year, but it didn't happen so I'm moving it to next year :). I will be participating in at least 2 metric centuries (The Zin Spin in Lodi, CA and The Mildflower in Chico, CA), so hopefully I will reach this goal in the Spring. If not, then I'll just have to keep signing up for them until I finish one!

I will finish reading Total Truth by Nancy Pearcey
I first started reading this book as a senior in highschool. I started it again just over a year ago. And although I'm well over halfway through, I haven't picked it up in a few months. What I have read so far is excellent and I need/want to finish it soon! The book is an extremely intelligent explanation of the Christian worldview and I have learned so much from reading it. I highly recommend the first half of the book, at the very least ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment