Thursday, December 22, 2011

Apartment Holiday Decor

I was really hoping to put up some nice Christmas decor in my apartment - even though my roommate and I didn't get a tree (our apartment is too small and we'll both be with our families for Christmas, anyway) - and even though finals & my work schedule did their best to prevent me, I was still able to decorate a little bit! Here are some photos:


(Sorry for the poor photo quality. I lost my camera and have not been able to find it anywhere! All of these photos were taken with my phone, which has an indifferent-at-best camera.)

This wreath made with a frame and ornaments was inspired by this project I pinned on Pinterest. If I have time, I plan to redo it (I think it would look a lot better with the ornament hanging lower) and trim the ends of all the ribbons. But for now, it gets the job done. And with only a few days until Christmas, I'll probably just call it good and do it properly next year :).


This was a fairly cheap project, I got the frame from Goodwill for $3, the ribbon and the little ball ornaments from the dollar tree (less than $2 total because the ornaments came in a set of 9), and the really cool spiky and swirly ornaments from Michael's for around $4 for both. Everything else I already had on hand for other projects, so this one only came to around $9! Not too shabby, I think, especially since almost everything can be reused or repurposed.


This photo shows how badly those ribbons are in need of trimming. I meant to do that, but then completely forget in the excitement of hanging it up and taking pictures.


One other bit of decor I put up in our apartment is this little miniature tree that I've had for a couple years now. Aside from spending $1 on some fresh ornaments, everything here was already on hand!


 I love the little ornaments, especially the shiny silver ones. They really bounce around the light. The skirt for the tree is a bit of a red scarf I've been working on. I put it on hold over the holidays and simply wrapped it around the back of the tree and stuck the needles through the other side to keep it together. I think it adds a really interesting texture to the base of the tree!


No comments:

Post a Comment