Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lilacs, Lilacs Everywhere!

Ah, lilacs! Perhaps one of my favorite things about spring is the wonderful scent that lilac blooms bring to my parents' property. I've had a love affair with these flowers ever since I was a young girl and there was a large lilac bush on the property we were renting. I loved the gorgeous, light purple color and the heavenly scent! When my parents purchased their place a few years later, one of the first things I did was plant a lilac tree outside my bedroom window. Sadly, it didn't bloom for several years, but now, does it over bloom! My mom planted additional lilacs around the property and so we have a variety of shades to pick and make arrangements to bring indoors. Here are some pictures I snapped of the flowers when I was home last weekend:






No comments:

Post a Comment