Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Floral Scarf Round-Up

In case yesterday's post didn't make it crystal clear, I'm kind of addicted to scarves! In fact, I pretty much wear them everyday, all year-round. Sure, sometimes they're not the most convenient accessory (think puppies trying to play with them, or the wind blowing them all about), but most of the time they not only add a stylish flair to an outfit, they also serve a practical purpose.

I recently had a conversation with a friend who is also a scarf-enthusiast and I think we scared those around us a little bit with our passionate discussion of the benefits of scarf wearing. Here are just a few of the things we mentioned:

- Scarves add instant color or pattern to an outfit
- Scarves are absolutely wonderful in the winter when you're in that in-between state of too-cold-in-just-a-shirt and too-warm-in-a-jacket-or-sweater. You can simply take your scarf from your neck and wrap it around your shoulders. Voila! Instant maintenance of a comfortable temperature.
- Scarves are absolutely marvelous in the summer when you need protection from the sun - wrap it lightly around your shoulders or over your head.

Anyway, after organizing my scarves, I realized that one thing I am sorely lacking is floral scarves! So today, I decided to round up a few under-$20 scarves from around the internet. In no particular order:


$12.97 from Lands End Canvas. Also available in a pale coral palette. 
I've had my eye on this one for quite a while and may have to snap it up soon.


$16.94 from Old Navy. A beautiful, orangey-red tone.


$19.95 from Gap. Technically not floral, but I'm calling it "close enough."


$12.00 from Pier 1 Imports. So bright & fun, perfect for summer!


$14.99 from World Market. A more sedate floral scarf.


$14.99 from Target. I think this one may be my favorite of the bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment